Father’s Day has passed but I wanted to share a Father’s Day Card with treat box that was published in the June issue of Die Cut Crazy. Thanks Stephanie for letting me share my project! I used Cricut’s Tags, Bags, Boxes, and More 2 for the card and shirt box.
Here are some exciting updates happening at Die Cut Crazy (DCC):
- The digital magazine is now available for the iPhone in addition to the iPad.
- It’s being tested for the Android platform.
- A PDF version is in the works and will be available soon at their website: http://diecutcrazymag.com/.
- They’re offering a two month free subscription. Click on the link for more details, but hurry, the code is only good through July.
- They’re hosting a summer themed challenge. Submissions are due in 2 days – sorry for the late heads up. The winning entry will get a Sizzix Texture Boutique embossing machine!
- Die Cut Crazy now offers card and scrapbook galleries to showcase your projects. If you would like your project to be published in DCC, send them an email at email@example.com.
- Die Cut Crazy is on Instagram. Their name is @diecutcrazy. If you tag your posts with #diecutcrazy, they’re happy to share them with their followers and in the magazine.
- Follow Die Cut Crazy on Facebook to receive further updates.
This is my second masculine card and I really love how it turned out. I made this card for my Dad for Father’s Day. I love the color combination of light blue, tan, and black. It looks masculine but it’s also pleasing to the eye (at least my eye :)). This argyle pattern doesn’t have to be used just for men either. If you change the colors, it can be used for ladies as well (pink, yellow, white for example). I like the simplistic look of this card. It’s not too fussy and the colors make its own statement. I kept the inside of the card minimal as well by adding the Happy Father’s Day phrase found on Wild Card and the corresponding fish icon. I added Stardust Stickles to make the fish pop and the hints of silver and blue in the glitter work well with the card’s colors. I hope you like my interpretation of the argyle card. Happy Father’s Day to all the fathers out there.
Argyle Card and Envelope
Happy Father’s Day Sentiment
Wild Card Cartridge
Pg 33 Argyle Card cut at 6 inches in blackout (driftwood cardstock)
Pg 33 Icon cut at 6 inches (this is the diamond pattern cut in light blue paper)
Pg 33 Icon shift cut at 6 inches (black cardstock frame overlay)
Pg 33 Argyle envelope <Argyle-s> (press shift) cut at 6 inches (driftwood cardstock)
Pg 33 Liner for envelope (press shift) cut at 6 inches (light blue paper)
Pg 66 Phrase Happy Father’s Day cut at 6 inches (light blue paper)
Pg 66 Phrase Happy Father’s Day cut at 6 1/4 inches (black cardstock) to create a shadow effect
Pg 66 Fish (icon shift) cut at 4 inches (black cardstock)
- Wausau’s Mocha Mix – Royal Fiber Driftwood cardstock
- My Mind’s Eye Simply Delightful – light blue paper
- Black cardstock
- Stardust Stickles to outline fish