Here are pictures of four Easter cards I made for my extended family. I made two in pink and two in light blue using Cricut’s Walk in My Garden cartridge. I also used the Camp Out cartridge for the bunny shape (cut at 2 3/8 inches using Design Studio) and the Wild Card Cartridge for the sun shape (image is actually an icon for the Porthole card on page 55 of the Wild Card manual) but when cut twice in orange and yellow paper it makes a nice sun graphic. The “sun” was cut at 4 inches. The Easter ribbon was purchased from Hobby Lobby on clearance for 59 cents and it was just enough to make my four cards. The card base is cut from WIMG at 5 inches (card2 on page 129) and then I used a corner rounder punch to round all corners of the card. The tulips are from WIMG’s border feature and cut at 2 inches (page 99). I am particularly proud of my grass graphic. I scoured my cartridges for a grass image and the only one available to me was the grass border from WIMG which I used on a previously posted turtle card and hello card (Walk in My Garden ~ Cards for Spring post). I wanted more of a grassy hill look for my Easter card so I decided to use a graphic in a new way. On page 105 of the WIMG cartridge manual, there is a seed packet border image (seed packets on top of dirt mounds). I used Design Studio and selected the “hide selected contour” feature to hide the seed packets and other markings in the dirt. Here’s how this feature works: left-click on the line you want to omit from cutting (this changes it from black to red). While it’s still selected, right-click and choose “hide selected contour” and the red line changes to pink. Next, deselect the image altogether and watch it change to light blue (this means anything in light blue will not cut). Once I hid these unwanted lines, I was left with an image that resembled grass when cut in green paper. I played with different sizes and noticed that a cut of this image at 2 inches made a good width for my 5 inch card base. I then stretched the graphic downward just a bit to widen the look of the grass.
To give the card some needed dimension, I used my Sizzix Embossing machine and two Cuttlebug folders to add texture to the sun and the grass. The first pink card I made was my “beta” test and I had already adhered the grass before I made the decision to run the other cards’ grass through the embosser. At least you can see how it looks with and without embossing. The sun was run through the Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder. The grass was run through the Stylized Flowers Cuttlebug folder.
Hope you like the cards. I had a lot of fun making them and have heard from my family how much they loved them!