This is a little experiment on color. I wasn’t quite sure how this card was going to end up but now looking at it, it’s grown on me. These images are from the Cricut Lite Bloom Cartridge. The card is 5×7 and the bird layers (brdcg2) were cut at 3 inches and the frame layers (frame1) were cut at 6 inches. The bird reminds me of a hummingbird so I cut it in green and red to resemble a ruby-throated hummingbird. The shadows were cut in black card stock and I used a silver metallic marker to add faux stitching. To further experiment, I offset the frame to one side to help it pop off the card and not get lost on the red mat. It also helps keep the “stitches” from being a jumbled mess. I ran orange-yellow hemp cord through the buttons, tied it off, and then adhered the buttons with Elmer’s glue. I tied some more cord around the frame prior to adhering. For the inside of the card, I carried over the look from the front and then wrote “Hello …” with a black Sharpie to keep it fun and funky. Click on the pictures to enlarge.
Thanks for looking!